The 23rd day – Surely goodness and love will follow
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. — Psalm 23:6 (KJV)
It is exciting to write about today’s verse because this is my favourite Psalm!
Psalms means ‘Praises’ in Hebrew are prayers from the Old Testament of the Bible. There are 150 in total. Psalm 23 is directly attributed to David, who was a great king as well as a marvellous composer of psalms. This is such a beautiful description of the relationship of our Lord and us.
Psalm 23 in King James Version of the bible and my little understandings as follows:
1.The LORD is my shepherd; —- That’s RELATIONSHIP
2. I shall not want. — That’s PROVISION
3. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, — That’s REST
4. He leadeth me beside the still waters. — That’s REFRESHMENT
5. He restorethmy soul. — That’s HEALING
6. He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness — That’s GUIDANCE
7. For his name’s sake. — That’s PURPOSE
8. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, — That’s TESTING
9. I will fear no evil: — That’s PROTECTION
10. For thou art with me; — That’s FAITHFULNESS
11. Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. — That’s DISCIPLINE
12. Thou preparesta table before me in the presence of mine enemies: — That’s HOPE
13. Thou anointestmy head with oil; — That’s CONSECRATION
14. My cup runneth over. — That’s ABUNDANCE
15. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: — That’s BLESSINGS
16. And I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. — That’s SECURITY
Could you imagine a greater celebration of the father’s role as intimate provider and protector from this?
Here is one of my favourite songs